Friday, August 2, 2013

Warm Up

When I was a little girl after playing in at least what had to be 3 ft of snow in Wisconsin's winters; I would get so cold.  Unbelievably cold.  I remember we'd pack the car back up after sledding at the "Big Hill" on one side of town.  We'd head home for hot chocolate, and cookies or brownies typically.  

Years later, as a grow-up, I look back on those frigid days with fondness.  The smell of hot cocoa to this day takes me back through those splendid memories.  In fact, that is still my preffered way to get warm, that; or a nice warm bath filled with a pleasant smelling oil added.  Or perhaps, an amazing combination of the two. 

Now that I have 3 children of my own, I find myself utilizing the same methods to warm them up that my mother and father used for their children as we were growing up.  Cocoa, a warm bath, and warm fresh sweatshirts and sweatpants and warm thick socks while wrapped up in a thick blanket on the couch watching a fun movie. 


I would love to hear about how you warm yourselves and your children up!  Do you do something similar to what I choose to do? Or perhaps you make a nice hot soup and enjoy a movie.  Is it something that was a tradition from childhood, or is it something you have began on your own?  Feel free to leave links in your comments so I can link up to your blog!







No comments :

Post a Comment